Makinde bans gathering of more than 30 persons over COVID-19

 Makinde bans gathering of more than 30 persons over COVID-19

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state has announced the ban on social gatherings including religious services, weddings, parties, and burial ceremonies, saying such gatherings should be limited to 30 persons or less.

He also directed nightclubs to remain closed. He said the new measures will be reviewed in two weeks.

The Governor made the pronouncements during a late Monday night broadcast at the state owned broadcasting outfit, Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (BCOS), a repeat of which was done on Tuesday morning.

Makinde said, he understands how this pandemic will affect the people socially, economically and spiritually, but that the measures are the sacrifices that must be made to preserve and protect the people.

He also gave the efforts made so far in combating the pandemic while reassuring the people of the efforts been made to contain the spread.

Makinde said in the broadcast, “My dear good people of Oyo State, on Saturday, 21st March 2020, the first case of the novel Coronavirus Disease was confirmed in Oyo State.

“This new development calls for stepping up even further, the measures that our administration is taking to prevent, contain and control the spread of this illness.

Ayomide Oyewole

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.