To be declared open by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the celebration ends on Sunday, November 13.
Speaking with The Guardian, Director General of the National Council for Arts and Culture, Otunba Olusegun Runsewe, hinted that the Lagos State government had provided standard facilities, accommodation and logistics for a successful event.
He said since his assumption of office, his dream had been to stage a competitive festival, stating: “Now all states are interested in hosting it (NAFEST).
“It has moved away from that festival, where participants looked like children going for inter-house sports. Now, proper bid takes place and the maximum standard facility is provided.”
Already, the Nigerian Army had assured of his presence at the iconic fiesta, signalling a strengthened civilian-military relationship.
Runsewe had visited Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Leo Irabor, in furtherance of efforts for wider participation in Nigeria’s development ecosystem, where he requested for military visibility to fortify ties.
Meanwhile, Lagos State Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf, said to put the preparation level at 99 per cent.
“We are excited and can’t wait to welcome Nigerians from all walks of life to our city of aquatic splendour and excellence. We shall more than bring glamour to this iconic festival, with a special outing of Eyo masquerade and believe me, the opening ceremony, slated for Onikan Stadium, will unveil the full entrainment entrapment ever seen anywhere,” she added.