Two Killed In Failed Borno Attack

 Two Killed In Failed Borno Attack

The police in Borno State on Tuesday confirmed that two people were killed in a foiled suicide attack near a mosque at Dalori quarters of Maiduguri metropolis.
A short statement released by the state police spokesman, Victor Isuku, said only the suicide bomber and the civilian JTF who was preventing the bomber from getting access to the mosque died in the incident.
He added that personnel in the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) unit of the police had already swept the place and declared it safe.
The statement reads: “Today at about 0522hrs, a male suicide bomber detonated IED strapped to his body near a mosque at Dalori quarters situated along Maiduguri/Konduga/Bama road, killing himself and a civilian JTF operative who was preventing the suicide bomber from getting close to or access the mosque where many faithful in the locality were observing their early morning prayers.
“EID personnel of the command had since swept the scene and rendered it safe, while normalcy has returned to the area.”
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) also confirmed the death of two people in the foiled suicide attack.
The Head of Media and Public Relations of NEMA, Mr. Sani Datti, said the attacker was targeting Muslims in early morning prayers at the Dalori quarters.
He said, “One Civilian JTF and a male suicide bomber died in a foiled suicide bomb attack targeting a mosque during Morning Prayer in Dalori quarters in Maiduguri, Borno State.
“The incident occurred at 5:20 a.m. on Tuesday morning 31/1/2017. Their bodies have been evacuated to Specialists Hospital in Maiduguri.”

LTV

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.